Woolworths Credit Card – your questions answered
Is this card replacing my normal Woolworths Store Card?
No, you can use your store card inside Woolworths stores and your Woolworths Credit card everywhere else that you shop. There is no reason why you can’t have both if you qualify.
Where can I use the card?
Your card is a Visa credit card, which means you will be able to use it virtually anywhere in South Africa and worldwide, wherever the Visa logo is displayed.
Will you post my card to me?
For added security you will be requested to collect your Woolworths Credit Card at the authorised Woolworths Store of your choice. We’ll send you an SMS to let you know when your Woolworths Credit Card is ready for collection.
Please note that we must, by law, verify your identity and where you live before you take delivery of your Woolworths Credit Card.
Please ensure that you bring your green bar-coded identity document and one of the following with you when you pick up your card:
- Utility bill or Municipal rates and tax invoice (less than 3 months old).
- Retail Account (less than 3 months old) Note: Does not include any Woolworths Accounts.
- Recent property lease or rental agreement (less than 1 year old if issued annually or less than 3 months old if issued monthly).
- Body corporate / governing body letter e.g. levy statement (less than 3 months old)
- Telkom or Cell phone Account (less than 3 months old).
- Valid TV Licence
- Motor vehicle registration documents (less than 3 months old).
- Municipal Councillor's letter on a council letterhead (less than 3 months old).
- Mortgage bond statement from another bank i.e. not Absa (less than 3 months old).
- Long or short term Insurance Policy Document (less than 1 year old if issued annually or less than 3 months old if ussued monthly).
- Official University / Technikon registration letter (less than 3 months old)
- Bank statement other than from Absa (less than 3 months old).
- SARS tas return or IRP5 (less than 1 year old).
- Letter from Tribal Authority confirming residence on tribal land (less than 3 months old).
Once you’ve collected your card, all you need to do is sign it on the back, and you’re ready to start enjoying a world of difference – and earning exciting rewards – with Woolworths Credit Card.
Where do I pay this credit card account?
At any Woolworths store or Absa Bank branch.
What payment types are accepted?
Setting up an automatic payment order from your current account makes it much easier to manage as your payment will automatically be deducted every month. You can also pay electronically via the internet should you have this facility at your current bank.
Other methods of payment:
- debit order
- electronically from your bank account
What fees will I have to pay?
Please note that fees do apply and will be discussed with you when you apply for your Woolworths Credit Card. If you have any questions regarding fees, you are welcome to phone us on 0861 50 20 05.
Will I get different statements for "budget" and "straight account"?
You will receive one statement reflecting both.
How do I know how much I owe?
A statement will be mailed to you every month. (Note: If you change your address, be sure to let us know immediately.) You can also check your balance by calling us any weekday between 8am and 9pm on 0861 50 20 05, or via www.woolworths.co.za, anytime you’d like. You can also ask for information related to your account at any till point in any Woolworths store.
Do I have to pay the full balance every month?
No, but it is important that you pay the minimum instalment due.
What if I lose my Card?
If your Woolworths Credit card is lost or stolen, phone us on 0861 50 20 05 and we’ll cancel it immediately. For added peace of mind, you can take out card protection insurance (see the section “for your peace of mind”).
What happens if I forget my PIN number?
You can request a new PIN number by phoning the call centre (Monday- Friday 8 am - 9 pm) or via www.woolworths.co.za at any time. Your new PIN number will be posted to you.
Do I belong to Woolworths world of difference programme?
Yes, as a Woolworths Credit Card holder you are automatically a member of the world of difference programme. To enjoy the benefits, all you have to do is swipe your card before paying every time you shop at any Woolworths store. For more about the world of difference, click here.